There are a lot of negative opinions about IMEs (Independent Medical Exams). IMEs often come about in workers’ compensation claims. During such a case, the insurance carrier will usually require the employee seeking benefits to undergo an IME by a doctor of the insurance carrier’s choosing. Many think that doctors who perform IMEs are working for the insurance companies and do not have the best interests of the patient in mind. That is not the case with Dr. Silverman. Here are just a few ways Dr. Silverman puts patient care above all else during IMEs:
- The majority of Dr. Silverman’s business comes from treating patients. Less than 10% comes from Independent Medical Exams.
- Dr. Silverman only does IMEs in his subspecialty field of Orthopedics, Ankle & Foot.
- Dr. Silverman is willing to stand up in court and testify under the AAOS Standards of Professionalism.
- Dr. Silverman encounters adverse IMEs in his own practice as well as IMEs that contradict his opinions given in medicolegal cases. In each of these cases, he aggressively advocates for his own patients.
- Dr. Silverman works for more than one IME and medicolegal services company, and he works directly through attorneys.
- Dr. Silverman is a preferred provider for workers’ comp patients and for many law firms because he gets to the bottom of the problem by bringing the claimant’s treatment to a quick and successful conclusion.